Sneezing and Sniffling: How to Handle Fall Allergies
Most people who suffer from spring allergies also deal with the same problems during the fall. You can’t fully appreciate a pumpkin spice latte with a stuffy nose, so you should take some steps to minimize the impact of allergies on your daily life. This guide covers common triggers, symptoms and remedies for fall allergies.
What Are Allergies?
What Are Fall Allergies?
Common Fall Allergy Symptoms
- Dark circles under your eyes
- Nasal and throat congestion
- Runny nose
- Watery and itching eyes
Tips for Preventing and Treating Fall Allergies
- Improve your indoor air quality
- Keep your windows shut and consider buying an air purifier. Keep your home as clean as you can by dusting and vacuuming on a regular basis.
- Use nasal irrigation
- Over-the-counter nasal sprays relieve congestion by rinsing allergens from your nose. Follow product label instructions and don’t overuse. Alternatively, you can use any saline solution with a bulb syringe.
- Take an antihistamine
- Drugs like Zyrtec and Claritin provide short term allergy relief. Make sure the antihistamine you choose is non-drowsy, and don’t take more than recommended.
- Wear protective clothing
- Long sleeves, a hat and sunglasses can protect you from pollen outside. Wear a face mask while raking leaves, and don’t hang your clothes outdoors to dry.
- See a doctor
- You don’t have to suffer through the season if the above tips aren’t helping. A doctor can recommend and prescribe stronger treatments such as intra-nasal steroids to make fall more bearable.
Fall Allergy Treatment at Integra Urgent Care
If seasonal allergies are negatively affecting your quality of life, Integra Urgent Care can help you breathe a little easier. Our walk-in medical clinics located throughout the Dallas–Fort Worth area provide affordable acute medical care seven days a week. One of our board certified physicians can prescribe medications to help control your symptoms, suggest more ways to avoid allergens and refer you to an allergy specialist if necessary.
Our facility is equipped to handle many injuries and illnesses that people visit the ER for, so you can skip the long lines and high co-pays. No appointment is ever needed. Just walk into an Integra Urgent Care clinic to be seen by our team of medical experts in a timely manner.Leave a reply