The cost of most health insurance plans continues to rise and so does the number of Americans who do not have health insurance. Whether you have insurance or not, the cost of healthcare is significant, so you need a plan on where to receive care if/when the need arises for you or a family member.
If you are looking to access lower cost healthcare without compromising on quality (whether you have insurance or not) visit an urgent care clinic.
Urgent care centers are a great option for both insured and non-insured patients as they treat a wide variety of non-life-threatening medical conditions (that are not chronic in nature), and many times, whether you have health insurance or not, you can save by asking for self-pay rates on most services. If you visit an emergency room (ER) for non-life-threatening medical treatment, your treatment could cost upwards of 10x what you be charged at a walk-in medical clinic.
For medical conditions that require on-demand healthcare, Integra Urgent Care is a leading urgent care provider in the Dallas/Fort Worth-area. We operate three state-of-the-art clinics in Las Colinas (Irving), Grand Prairie, and Weatherford. Our qualified healthcare providers offer care to you and your family 7 days a week, and are open late on weekdays until 8pm.
We treat a wide range of sports injuries, acute illness care, acute injuries, COVID-19 testing, diagnostic care (such as X-Rays), and physical exams. We also offer online check-in and Telemedicine for your convenience.
How much does urgent care cost?
If you do not have a health insurance plan, have exhausted your year’s deductible, or prefer to self-pay for services for another reason, an urgent care center is the perfect healthcare option for medical treatment of non-life-threatening conditions.
Self-pay rates at an urgent care center will be much lower than an emergency room visit and similar to self-pay rates at a primary care clinic. The benefit to urgent care is its “on-demand healthcare”. You don’t have to worry about an appointment – you just “walk in”.
If you have a health insurance plan, a trip to an urgent care provider will be easy as you will be covered, although be sure to confirm what insurance plans an urgent care clinic accepts before you arrive.
How much will an urgent care visit cost for self-pay patients?
Factors influencing how much a self-pay visit at an urgent care center will cost include:
- Cost of the visit: This is a one-time charge to be seen and evaluated by a Provider.
- Tests or medications: There is additional charges for specific test and/or medications filled on-site.
- The severity of your condition: Certain conditions require more care and treatment and will add to the cost of the visit.
Make sure you ask and understand the self-pay costs involved with your care before treatment begins so there are no surprises at check-out.
If you are looking to access lower cost healthcare without compromising on quality (whether you have insurance or not), here a few suggestions to keep your self-pay bill at an urgent care center as low as possible:
- Research local urgent care clinics – Find the walk-in medical centers near your home or work and read through their patient’s reviews and find out how much their self-pay visit and treatment costs are so you can choose the highest-rated and lowest cost option. If you are in the Las Colinas/Irving, Grand Prairie, or Weatherford areas, check us out at https://integrauc.com/
- Communicate your situation to your provider – If you are self-pay, make sure you communicate this to your Provider. In various cases, a provider is able to provide a lower cost option to save your money without lowering the quality of care. The staff at Integra Urgent Care centers are focused on our patients’ medical (and financial) needs and will work with you to find effective and affordable treatment options.
No one understands your financial situation and your health better than you so here are a few questions you can ask in advance to get a better idea of the cost of treatment before it is received:
- How much is your initial visit charge?
- Do you offer self-pay for the services I will need?
- Are there any additional costs involved with care?
- Does my condition require any tests, and, if so, how much does each test cost?
- Will medications be prescribed, and, if so, is there a lower-cost version of the same medication?
Urgent Care Clinic in Las Colinas, Grand Prairie, and Weatherford
If you or a family member need on-demand healthcare for non-life-threatening conditions (that are not chronic in nature), Integra Urgent Care is here to help.
Our team of medical professionals treat patients of all ages (3-months and older) in our three DFW urgent care centers in Las Colinas, Weatherford, and Grand Prairie. We offer a variety of services, including:
To check-in online, visit https://integrauc.com/online-check-in/ or call the nearest clinic:Leave a reply